The typical engagement with the arkorIoT team is as follows:
- Purchase of the IoT M2M Cookbook, read the book and learn the basics.
- Telco/Skype to kick off the project (approx. 4 hours working time with preparation and follow-up)
- Prepare an empty board with an antenna in the original case. Often also with the radio module and USB cable for live testing.
- Measurement of the Radiation Pattern in 3 axes (recommended option)
- Delivery of the documentation incl. Gerber Files
- “Copy” of our design by your team with all components
- Design review by our akorIoT team or accompaniment of the development by phone, Skype or e-mail
- Production of prototypes and matching of the antenna by our team
- Mostly then up to 10 further versions up to the serial board required
- Measurement of the serial PCB and re-matching of the antenna
- Pre-tests for radio certification in our laboratory and in the test laboratory
- Possible adjustment of the matching network and Worst-Case modification of the PCB (very rare)
- Radio certification of the device and accompaniment by the akorIoT team. We are always in the room during the measurements and check whether the measurements are correct in the test laboratory. Measurement errors lead to a negative test report.
If required, we can develop the series PCB on the basis of the customer’s prototype (pre-production) and take care of the radio certification. The software development is then still with the customer. If required, we put together the “all-round carefree package” and develop the hardware plus firmware, plus software on the server and app on the smartphone.
Since we have extensive experience with NB-IoT projects and development of antennas, we would like to guide and support your project and we are happy to make you a commercial offer. We need a sketch or drawing of the case with dimensions to be able to estimate the size of the board. If the board is too small compared to the wavelength of the lowest frequency, the development costs will increase. In the worst case, no antenna can support the application in this format.